I’m thrilled to share my nomination for a Liebster Award from Mommy Loves Nail Polish. I’m also a little bit stunned, it amazes me that anyone at all is reading this, let alone someone with a fabulous blog herself awarding me with this honour. So thank-you so much Mommy Loves Nail Polish!
So what is the Liebster Blog Award?
It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
The rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
My eleven facts are:
1. I have never seen a James Bond movie.
2. I’ve also never seen The Lion King – people seem to find this really strange.
3. No-one I know IRL knows I write this, at least I don’t think they do!
4. I accidentally collect cows, I really like cow print, and one day my mum just started buying me cows so it’s kind of stuck.
5. Don’t ever try and make me ice-skate, I just can’t do it. Literally I can’t stand up.
6. I still take the same teddy bear with me to bed that I’ve had my whole life. Not sure I needed to share that!
7. I can spend hours on youtube watching old TV idents, I love them.
8. I also love robots, I have shoes with pictures of robots on them.
9. You might not be able to tell, but my degree is in Mathematics and English, weird combination I know, there were only four people in my year that studied it.
10. I can’t stand tomato soup, I find it anything but comforting, the smell makes me want to vomit.
11. I lived in my current flat for four months before I realised it had a dishwasher.
My answers to the questions from Mommy Loves Nail Polish:
1. Beer, wine or mix drink
Beer, people think it’s weird to see me in the pub with anything but a pint in my hand.
2. Snow or Sun
Snow, I do not do well in the heat.
3. Dogs or Cats
3. If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass on to your children, what would it be?
I absolutely don’t want children, but if I did I hope they would have my ambition.
4. Which is your favorite genre of movies? (Comedy/Romance/Suspense/Action/Horror)
I mostly watch films on planes, so it has to be something pretty mindless that I don’t have to concentrate on, usually some kind of romantic comedy.
5. If given a chance to skip work or school for a day, how would you spend the entire day?
I would head to Borough Market and spend the day eating all the food!
6. Which animal would you want to be? Why?
A cow so I could wear cow print all day long.
7. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Chocolate, no cheese, no chips… actually anything starting with ch.
8. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
All of them! but hoovering is probably the worst.
9. What is your favorite candy bar?
That’s a tricky one, but I’m going to say Wispa.
10. Is there one thing you still won’t tell your parents you have done?
Plenty, but nothing I’m going to talk about here…
11. How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you?
Not sure whether this one means appearance or personality, but I guess ‘seen’ means appearance. Words which would probably come up are pale, fringe, hairdye, nails, earmuffs, colourful.
I had a bit of a struggle finding bloggers who didn’t have too many followers to be eligible and hadn’t already received this award (everyone is so popular!) so I didn’t quite make it to eleven. I don’t really know any of these ladies and I apologise if I’ve underestimated how many people love any of you. And of course please don’t feel obligated to do anything with this. The bloggers I’m passing the Liebster Award onto are:
My eleven questions for you are:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Where is your favourite city?
3. If you had to take part in a reality show, which one would it be?
4. What’s you favourite cheese?
5. What’s the most embarrassing item of clothing you’ve ever worn?
6. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. What was your first pet?
9. Beach holidays or city breaks?
10. Where are you right now?
11. Steak or chicken?
Thanks again for the award!